Friday, March 19, 2010

Creamy Mashed New Potatoes

Let me be honest. I rarely use Russet potatoes. I almost always use red potatoes because they are healthier. And, I almost always keep the skins on. I prepared these this week to go with our Pecan Crusted Tilapia in Rum Butter Sauce and Green Beans. They were perfect. You could omit the green onions, but I wouldn't.


Creamy Mashed New Potatoes


Ingredients:
3 medium to large red potatoes
2 oz cream cheese
4 TBSP butter
1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste
2 green onions, chopped


Directions:
Cut potatoes in half and place in pot of salted, boiling water. Boil until cooked. You will know they are cooked when a fork is easily inserted into the potatoes. Drain all water off and return to pan and place back on burner on medium heat. Mash with a potato masher to release excess steam. Add butter with masher, then add cream cheese with masher. Finally, add heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, and green onions. Serve hot!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails