Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Green Beans

How do you prepare your green beans? I used to always dump a can in a pot, warm and serve. I know, not the best way to go huh? I now only do that if I'm short on time. Because let's face it, I can warm green beans from a can in 5 minutes, and sometimes, it's a 5 minute green bean night. But normally, I now choose to cook frozen green beans in the oven. My dear friend Mandy brought us dinner a couple of months ago and she brought some very yummy green beans! Hers were slightly sweet, which I liked, but hubs likes his veggies salty not sweet, so I adapted it. It's very easy, and very yummy. Give it a try!
Ingredients:
1 bag frozen, cut green beans (or however much your family needs, sometimes I only use 3/4 of a bag)
olive oil (2-3 TBSP or more)
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Dump green beans in baking dish with lid (or dish with tin foil).
Drizzle olive oil over the green beans. I like a lot of olive oil. Stir.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over the green beans. I don't do well with measurements, so add what you think looks good to you.
Bake, covered, in preheated 400 degree oven 45 min-1 hour. I stir it about every 20 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails