Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shaved Asparagus Tart

I made this last night for a get together with some girls. It was amazing. That is all. OK, I'll share a little more. I found a great recipe for a shaved asparagus pizza and an asparagus tart. I combined the two and it was so good! I used about 3/4 a bunch of asparagus, and I think that next time I'll use the whole thing. It was good, but can you really have too much asparagus? I think not. I can't wait to make this for my family, I know they'll love it!





Shaved Asparagus Tart
inspired from Martha Stewart and Tasty Kitchen


Ingredients:
1 Sheet Frozen Puff Pastry
8 ounces, weight Fresh Mozzarella
3/4-1 bunch Asparagus
3-4 ounces Herb And Garlic Spreadable Cheese
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
Kosher Salt

Ingredients:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 

On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a rectangle. Place pastry on a baking sheet. With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Even though I pricked the pastry generously, all of my pastry puffed. If this happens, lightly deflate the pastry with a fork until it's slightly more flat. 

Slice fresh mozzarella as thinly as possible and arrange in a single layer over pastry. Shave your asparagus into thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Pile asparagus shavings on top of the mozzarella. The asparagus will cook down so use more than you think is necessary. Top asparagus with a generous amount of fresh cracked black pepper and season with kosher salt. Finally dot asparagus with herb and garlic cheese.

Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until all cheeses are melted.

2 comments:

Bree said...

This looks delicious! Perfect for an Easter appetizer :)

SkinnyMommy said...

This looks so good and easy--perfect for an Easter appetizer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails