Thursday, March 15, 2012

Salmon and Quinoa Cakes

I made these a couple of weeks ago and they were devoured by my kids. I liked them, but thought they needed a little more kick. When I first made them, I used a food processor and no egg. Using the food processor made it all more mushy, so I think that changed the flavor. This time, I wanted more "meaty" patties. I tried it without an egg, but they fell apart without using the food processor, so I added one in. These were amazing. So much flavor, and a little spicy kick to them too. If you don't like spicy, decrease the red pepper flakes. My kids and husband liked these, even my 9 month old!




Salmon and Quinoa Cakes


Ingredients:
2 (6 ounce) cans salmon
1 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked)
1 egg
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (less if you don't like spicy)
2 green onions chopped
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
olive oil for frying

Directions:
Combine all ingredients except olive oil. Mix gently until all ingredients are incorporated. Heat oil in skillet on medium high. Form mixture into patties and cook in hot oil until golden brown, flipping after a few minutes. Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Love quinoa and so great to find a new recipe to add tour menu.
Rita

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails