Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies {Sweet Treat Tuesday}

I made these cookies last week. They were amazing. We can't stop eating them. I used to not think that I liked craisins. Then, I had them on a salad, and I insisted on including them on every salad I had from that point on. Now I've had them in these cookies. Oh my, they were so good. The original recipe calls for cherries, but I didn't have those, so I subbed craisins and think it was an absolute winner. This recipe makes a ton. I made half of them one day and then left the dough in the fridge for two days and made the rest later in the week. Both times, equally good. Keep an eye on them. I think they are best chewy, which means the middle needs to be just underdone when you take them out and the edges just slightly brown. You'll love these!





Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Craisin Cookies
adapted from Casual Cuisine 


Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats (I used old fashion.)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1-3/4 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1-1/4 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups unsalted butter
1-1/4 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
1-1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
1-1/4 cups craisins
1-1/4 tsp coarse sea salt or kosher salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grind oats into a fine flour by using a food processor.

In a large bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add oats and salt.

Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light in color and texture (about 3 minutes). Add eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture until combined.

Fold in chocolate and craisins.

Scoop cookies onto a baking sheet, using an ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop, and place 2 inches apart.
Press to slightly flatten each cookie and sprinkle with a bit of salt.

Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. (The actual time will depend on the size of your cookies. I baked mine on the lower end of time.)

Pin It

2 comments:

Siggy said...

looks SCRUMPTIOUS!

Rita said...

Perfection; my cookies never look this good.
Rita

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails