Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sweet Treat Tuesday-Zucchini Bread

So do you have gobs of zucchini growing in your gardens yet? Here is a basic recipe for zucchini bread that I can promise you won't disappoint. It is so yummy and moist! My sweet friend Chrissy brought some to me after our baby girl was born and it was so good! I for one don't have a garden, but I'm waiting for all of those friends who do have gobs of zucchini to get tired of it in the next month and give some to me! I've noted below that I'm going to try this with white whole wheat flour and less sugar next time. This recipe also freezes well, just double wrap it and freeze it and it should keep for a few months.



Zucchini Bread
from my friend Chrissy H.

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 large eggs
2 1/4 cups zucchini, grated
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup oil (I use canola.)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.

In a separate bowl, whisk 3 large eggs.Add in grated zucchini, vanilla, and oil.

Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.

Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.

Cook for 1 hour at 350. When done, make sure toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Let cool on rack for 15 min., then remove from pans.

Adaptions: I will be trying this recipe with white whole wheat flour next time, or maybe half and half. I'm also going to experiment with less sugar. You can also add in nuts and/or chocolate chips.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I will take one hot slice with a pat of butter please.

Rita said...

You can't go wrong with a alice of good zicchini bread.
Rita

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails