Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sweet Treat Tuesday-Blackberry Peach Crisp

A little over a week ago I took the kids to pick blackberries at a local farm. They had a blast of course, and we had tons of blackberries just waiting to be baked into something. I decided to try out a crisp recipe my friend had given me awhile ago. She used different fruit, but I thought this combination would be perfect, I think I was right. This is easy peasy. I did half the original recipe, and it did pretty well. I had a spot that had some dry mix that didn't brown, but I think adding a bit more butter or mixing it better would fix that.



Blackberry Peach Crisp
slightly adapted from Lisa S.

Ingredients:
2-3 cups peaches, peeled and chopped (I used frozen that had been thawed.)
2-3 cups blackberries
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup quick oats
3/4 cup sugar
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon, optional
1/2-1 stick of butter

Directions:
Place fruit in the bottom of a 8x8 or similar baking dish.

In a mixing bowl combine oatmeal, sugar,flour, and cinnamon if you're using it. Cut in butter with pastry cutter or two knives. (I only used 1/2 stick of butter in this one and I might add just a bit more next time to make sure all the crust gets browned.) Cutting the butter into small pieces as you add it to the flour mixture will help in mixing it with a pastry cutter. Cut in the butter until it is pebble-sized, like a rough biscuit dough. Do not allow the butter to form a paste with the flour.

Sprinkle the flour/butter mixture over the fruit, covering completely but not really pressing into a firm crust.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour, until fruit juices are bubbly and topping is lightly browned. You may have to cook longer for frozen fruit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

a perfect summer treat

GirlyGirlCooks said...

I love both of those fruits but have never put them together. I like it!

Rita said...

What a great combination; I know this will be so tasty!
Rita

marla {family fresh cooking} said...

This crisp looks amazing!
We are in our final week of Get Grillin' - Dessert is the theme and we would love if you submitted up to any 3 recipes (they don't have to be grilled) to our link up. This one would be perfect! This week we have a Rouxbe Cooking School giveaway. http://su.pr/2YaIiV

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails