Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cornbread Pancakes

I love corn bread! And I love pancakes! So I really love cornbread pancakes. I could eat the entire batch of these babies, but I did decide to share with my family. I love to serve these with barbecue. Once I had barbecue at a restaurant and they serve it with cornbread pancakes, I was sold! These are easy peasy and oh so good. If you have a cast iron skillet use it, but if not, a regular nonstick pan would be just fine.


Cornbread Pancakes
courtesy of This Mommy Cooks

Ingredients:
1 egg
3/4 cup Buttermilk
2 tbsp oil
1 cup Self-Rising Cornmeal Mix ( I have also used non-self-rising and had luck.)
oil for frying

Directions:
Heat oil in skillet, cast iron if you have one. In medium bowl combine egg (beaten), milk, and oil. Stir in cornmeal. Stir until smooth. If mixture seems too thick, add a tablespoon of milk. Pour into hot iron skillet. Cook until pancake bubbles and begins to brown on the edges, flip and cook on the other side for a minute or so and remove from heat. Keep warm until ready to serve.

2 comments:

laurie said...

I gotta try this!

cocoa and coconut said...

Nice recipe! I'm really enjoying pancakes lately..I've had them twice this week. I'd love to change it up with this idea. So thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails