Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chipolte Grilled Chicken with Corn and Black Bean Salsa

This is my second entry in the Saucy Mama Fab with Five contest I mentioned earlier this week. This turned out really great! It's healthy and easy to make. Score another one for easy week night meals! I will note that I served this separately to my kids, not with the salsa piled on top of the chicken like my husband and I had. Don't forget about the Saucy Mama GIVEAWAY! You have until Friday to enter!



Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Corn and Black Bean Salsa
courtesy of This Mommy Cooks

Ingredients:
Saucy Mama's Santa Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing
3 large chicken breasts, or 6 small
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn or 2 ears of corn cooked and cut off of the husk
1 tomato
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat grill to cook chicken. Place chicken breasts onto hot grill. Brush Santa Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing onto each chicken breast and allow chicken to cook 7-8 minutes on each side. When you flip the chicken over, brush more Santa Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing onto the other side. Allow chicken to cook until there is no pink left.

While chicken is cooking, prepare the corn and black bean salsa. I cooked my corn on the stove top and then cut off the kernels for the salsa. Drain and wash your black beans. Dice tomato to your preferred size. Mix all three ingredients together. Add in 2 tablespoons of Santa Fe Creamy Chipotle Dressing, salt and pepper to taste and give it a good stir.

Just before serving place chicken on a plate, add extra dressing per your preference and then top with a good amount of corn and black bean salsa.

You could really expand on this and turn it into tacos with soft tortillas and serve with tortilla chips as well.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Love this; I am into cookiing adding more beans to our meals; this looks super good.
Rita

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails