Thursday, February 10, 2011

Homemade French Fries

Who doesn't like homemade french fries? These are more like oven roasted potatoes than like french fries. I put mine on a silpat, so they didn't get very crispy, I think they'll be a little more crispy if you just use a baking sheet or tin foil. These were so good! I should have doubled the recipe! My husband and I wanted more after they were gone! I also think these would be great with red potatoes, which is what I usually use, but I wanted to try my hand at regular french fries, so I chose russet potatoes this time around.



Homemade French Fries

Ingredients:
3 small to medium russet potatoes
Cooking spray
1 TBSP Olive oil
1/4 tsp Garlic salt
1 Green Onion, chopped
1 TBSP Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp Fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp Basil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. You could also use a piece of tin foil on top of the baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray for easy clean up. Slice the potatoes to the thickness you would like and place them in a bowl. Drizzel olive oil over potatoes and toss to coat. Next, sprinkle in all the spices, mix well and then place on greased baking sheet in a single layer.

Bake 20-25 minutes.

This is linked to Prairie Story, Mangos and Chutney, and Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My little girl loves fries...this will beat Mickie D's

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails