Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Oven Roasted Asparagus

This is my new favorite way to prepare asparagus! It's easy and so very tasty!! I have been totally in love with asparagus during this pregnancy, and this recipe is totally satisfying!


Oven Roasted Asparagus
from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:
1 bunch Asparagus
4 Tablespoons (up To 5 Tablespoons) Olive Oil
Kosher Salt To Taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

After you wash the asparagus thoroughly, stack a bunch together and lop off the tough/thick bottom an inch or so.

Spread out the asparagus in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Pat asparagus dry with a paper towel.
Begin by generously drizzling olive oil all over the asparagus and then sprinkle the asparagus generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Roast the asparagus for about ten minutes. You want  the oven to be very hot so the asparagus can begin to brown on the outside without overcooking and getting too flimsy.

This recipe is linked to Prairie Story and Coupon Cookin, and Around My Kitchen Table.

7 comments:

Siggy said...

Would you believe that the first time I ever had asparagus was at a mothers day brunch 3 years ago?! Oven roasted is THE perfect way to do it, IMHO. Absolute perfection!
Great picture too, btw :)

Rita said...

That is the only way I prepare it now;I use my toaster oven. Lovely picture and so good.

Alison said...

This way is my favorite, too. Gotta love PW!

Unknown said...

I agree perfect, I might add a wee bit of cheese though...some parm would be great

The Better Baker said...

Oh my YES! A very favorite dish. What a great thing to be craving! =) I make this often in the summertime. Did you know if you bend the stalk, it will naturally break off at the tough part? I learned that on food network. =) Keep eating healthy!

Amy said...

I love oven roasted asparagus! They kept the best texture and taste! :)

Nikki (Coupon Cookin) said...

I love asparagus! Great recipe! Is it crunchy? I love crunchy asparagus.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails