Monday, December 13, 2010

Homemade Hot Chocolate

Do you have snow where you are? We got between 5 and 6 inches here! My 4 year old asked for hot chocolate after playing in the snow today so we made some. I have actually never made "homemade" hot chocolate, we always do swiss miss. This was delish! My favorite part about hot chocolate is the marshmallows! For mine I topped it with marshmallows and a sprinkle of cinnamon. This is so easy and so yummy! Hope you're staying warm!




Homemade Hot Cocoa
from Easy Meals for Busy Moms

*Makes 2-3 servings

Ingredients:
2 1/2 c milk (any type you like, the fattier the richer)
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
2 TBSP sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Toppings, optional: marshmallows, whipped cream, cinnamon

Directions:
Stir all ingredients together with a whisk in a medium pot until combined. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly until hot. Serve and enjoy!

4 comments:

Rita said...

We are in a deep freeze and blowing snow; a perfect time for your hot chocolate.

Laur said...

YUM!!! Thanks for a great idea! Stay warm down there! Thinking of all my college friends and wishing I was in the snow with you southerners!

Lisa said...

We don't get snow down here, but that doesn't stop me from wanting a mug of hot chocolate just because. Homemade would definitely be better than store-bought any day. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html

Kelly said...

mm that sounds yummy! I think I'll whip that up tonight. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails