Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sweet Treat Tuesday-Sweet and Salty Halloween Treats {Repost}

I posted these last year, but they have been a hit on the blog lately, thanks to pinterest, and I thought I'd share then again since fall is upon us. They are so easy to make and yummy to eat! You could use an M&M in the center as well, but I love the candy corn, it's so festive!





Sweet and Salty Halloween Treats
from Baking and Creating with Avril

Ingredients:
Mini Pretzels (I used the snaps, shaped like squares, but you could use the twists too.)
Hershey Kisses Hugs (any kind of kisses would do)
Candy Corn

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place pretzels on cookie sheet, not touching. Unwrap Hershey's Kisses and place on top of pretzels and then place filled cookie sheet in oven. Bake for 3-5 minutes but no longer.You will know they are ready when the Hershey Kisses start to get shiny. Take out of oven and gently place candy corn on top of Hershey Kisses, pushing down ever so gently. Cool and then transfer to serving platter or wrap up as gifts. I actually placed mine in the fridge for a few minutes to speed up the cooling process, and it worked perfectly.

This recipe has been linked to Recipe Swap Thursday at Prairie Story and Tasty Traditions .

15 comments:

Siggy said...

SO stinkin' cute! I just adore Avril :)

Unknown said...

Dude, easy & cool - Thanks for sharing! I need to make these for a party

Kirby said...

Love these, Im gonna make 'em for my kiddos!

Avril said...

Oh Amber I just love that you made these!!!! I hear you in eating 10....must be because they are so easy to pop in your mouth - and of course they are scrumtious too! :-)

Molly Page said...

These look WAAAAY to yummy to make. Sound weird? Well, I could see myself eating WAAAAY more than 10!

Kori said...

LOVE these! My sister makes a treat like this, but not with the Halloween flair! Great idea!!!

Lisa said...

I love sweet/salty treats. These would make a lovely gift.

Anonymous said...

These are adorable. I just bought a bag of these waffle pretzels so just need the other ingredients. My kids would have a blast making these!

blair said...

i'm making these for bookclub tonight--thank you for the inspiration!

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

These are a great idea. I'm going to bookmark them for future reference. I was just visiting your blog yesterday and today I saw the link for these on Prairie Story, so I am going to follow you now :) Have a wonderful day!
Katie

Lynda Hardy said...

Those are so cute! I just got done having a conversation about the pros and cons of candy corn (family loves it... I like gooey chocolate) - this is the perfect blend!

Nikki (Coupon Cookin) said...

Very creative! I love these. So cute! Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

Michelle said...

very cute! I am making them for our playgroup little party :)

The Holmes Family said...

Hey Amber--I made these last night before we went trick-or-treating. When we got back they were just right! Thanks for the recipe.

BeanBugCrafts said...

These look like they would be super quick & easy AND Yummy!

I've featured your pretzels in a Halloween Sweet Treats Round-Up. You can find the post here: http://beanbugcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/10/15-halloween-tasty-sweet-treats.html

Thanks for sharing,
Anna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails