Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sweet Treat Tuesday-Peach Cobbler

A few weeks ago I bought some peaches at my local market. I was pondering what to make with them, and I almost pondered too long! I finally got around to using those peaches, and I decided to make a peach cobbler. It just sounds yummy doesn't it? Well this one is easy, and delicious!



Peach Cobbler
slightly adapted from Paula Deen

Ingredients:
2 cups peeled, sliced peaches
1 cup sugar, divided
1/4 cup water
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup self-rising flour, substitute here
3/4 cup milk
Ground cinnamon, optional

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the peaches, 3/4 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.

Put the butter in a baking dish (I used a 2 quart dish) and place in oven to melt.

Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.

Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love loev cobbler, way better then a crisp

Pam said...

Peach cobbler is the best and yours looks perfect! Yum!

Colleen said...

Oooh, I just found your blog and am loving it so far! Our house is VERY busy with kids, work, school, etc but a REAL meal each night is important to me--I think I'll find lots here to help make it happen =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails