Saturday, September 4, 2010

Red Potato Salad

I conquered one of my cooking fears. Potato salad. I have no idea why, but I have been totally intimidated by making potato salad, and coleslaw. Both seem easy, but I have never made them, until now. I have made at least one of them, and I have to say, it wasn't as hard as I had made it out to be! There I said it, I'm human too! This potato salad is really good and doesn't contain any mayo! Make this to go with your easy barbecue and you'll have people asking for seconds!

Red Potato Salad
adapted from All Recipes

Ingredients:
7 small red potatoes
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
2 TBSP Miracle Whip, optional but it adds a great flavor
1/4 tsp dill weed
1 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
Scrub potatoes (don't peel). If large, cut in half or in quarters. Boil potatoes in their skins until they are fork-tender. Drain, dry and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.

In a bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, miracle whip, chives, salt, pepper, and dill weed. Add the potatoes, and toss gently to coat. Taste, and add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Refrigerate until chilled.

1 comment:

Katie G said...

Thanks for the recipes, Amber! I've got your BBQ pork recipe already in the slow cooker - I'm VERY excited!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails