Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kitchen Aid 60-Minute Dinner Rolls

I had completely forgotten about this recipe. I made it sometime last month, and never posted it. A lot of pictures I take of food get lost in my folders of pictures of my family. Anyway, I'm glad I was reminded of the recipe. It was SO easy, and SO good! If you're scared of bread making, this should be your first recipe to try. It takes just about an hour, maybe a few minutes longer, from start to finish. And they taste so yummy! I mean, who doesn't like a yeast roll, especially one that is as easy as this one to make? I used King Arthur's White Wheat flour instead of all purpose, and they tasted just as they would if I had used all purpose, but healthier! Give these a try, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Kitchen Aid 60-Minute Dinner Rolls
adapted from Lick the Bowl Good

*Makes 24 large cloverleaf dinner rolls

Ingredients:
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons butter
3 packages (or 6 3/4 teaspoons) of dry active yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water (105F – 115F)
5 – 6 cups all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur's White Wheat flour.)

Directions:
In a small saucepan, stir milk, sugar, salt and butter together. Heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool until lukewarm.

Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl. Add lukewarm milk mixture and 4 1/2 cups flour to yeast mixture, and using a dough hook, mix on low speed for about 1 minute. With the mixer still going, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix about 1 1/2 minutes, or until dough starts to clean the sides of the bowl. You may not need to add all of the flour, especially if you are using wheat flour. Knead on low speed for about 2 more minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic – the dough will still be slightly sticky to the touch.

Place dough in a greased bowl, turning it to grease the top. Cover the dough with a clean, dry dish towel, and let it rise in a warm place, free from draft, for about 15 minutes (I let mine rise for about 20-22 minutes).

Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, and divide into 24 equal pieces. Then, if you want to make cloverleaf rolls, divide each piece into thirds and roll into balls. Place 3 mini dough balls into each muffin cup. Cover the muffin pan with the dish towel, and let the dough rise for about 15 minutes. If you just want to make large, regular rolls, roll each equal piece of dough between your hands to make a ball. Place the ball on a cookie sheet. After you have done all of the dough, cover with a dish towel, and let rolls rise about 15 minutes.

Bake at 425ºF for 12 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks. Brush with melted butter if desired.

4 comments:

Pam said...

They look delicious and I will be trying it! Thanks for the recipe!

Joelle said...

I love the new look of the blog!! Awesome job! So many new and exciting things to look at.

Avril said...

Your blog looks absolutely ADORABLE!!! It gives me a HUGE smile to look at! :-) These rolls look great - and I love how it only takes 60 minutes to make....fast and yummy!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Thanks guys! It makes me happy to look at it too! I love pink! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails