Thursday, July 1, 2010

Loveless Cafe's Braised Pork Chops

These were great! The recipe comes from a cafe in Tennessee, Loveless Cafe. My mom had told me about them a few months back, but I don't usually cook pork all that often, so I hadn't gotten around to making them. I inherited a family size portion of bone in center cut pork chops and decided that now was the time to try this recipe. It didn't disappoint. Since it simmers for an hour, it is really tender. I bet you could do the whole thing in the crock pot and it would be even easier and just as yummy. Maybe I'll do that next time. Anyway, it's a perfect combination of meat and sweetness. I doubled the sauce, so if you don't want to do that, just half all of the ingredients. I served it with mashed potatoes, oven roasted carrots, and beer bread. Those other recipes to be posted later. Enjoy!

Loveless Cafe Braised Pork Chops
adapted from Recipezaar

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons canola oil
36 ounces center cut pork chops, fat trimmed (I used 8 bone in center cut chops.)
2 TBSP Dijon mustard
2 TBSP red wine vinegar
4 TBSP light-brown sugar
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP soy sauce
2 tsp garlic salt
2/3 cup water

Directions:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown pork chops on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together mustard, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic salt with 2/3 cup water. Pour over pork chops. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender, about 1 hour. Transfer pork to a plate. Raise heat to medium-high and cook sauce until thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce over pork chops and serve immediately.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails