Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ham and Cheese Sliders

These sandwiches are so good! Seriously. They are easy to make and taste oh so yummy. They actually smell like Krystal burgers! I'm guessing the combination of onion and mustard are what cause the similar smells. Annie posted this on her blog recently, and I remembered having these a few times at get togethers. I can't quite remember where I had them, but I remember them being good. These are perfect for any party, pot luck, or lunch for you or your family. I have omitted the poppy seeds, mainly because I didn't have any, and I didn't want to pay $5 for them. I'm thrifty like that. haha Again, these are awesome. I actually made my own rolls, but store bought would be just as good, and easier! Take these to your next tailgate, you won't have to worry about taking leftovers home. I know I didn't have any to bring home after my pot luck or at the end of my son's birthday party.


Ham and Cheese Sliders
adapted from Annie's Eats

Ingredients:
For the sandwiches:
24 slider rolls or mini Hawaiian rolls
24 slices honey ham (deli sliced is fine)
24 small slices Swiss cheese (I used half of a whole piece)
Mayonnaise

For the sauce:
1½ tbsp. yellow mustard
8 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tbsp. finely minced onion (or 2 tsp. dried minced onion)
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Poppy seeds, for sprinkling (optional)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Split the slider rolls and spread the insides lightly with mayonnaise. Fold a slice of ham to fit on each slider bun, and top with a slice of Swiss cheese. Replace the top bun to assemble the sandwiches. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet.

To make the sauce, combine all ingredients except the poppy seeds in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle the sauce over the tops of the slider buns. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cover with foil and bake 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove the foil and bake 2 minutes longer. Serve warm.

Mustard on Foodista

8 comments:

Siggy said...

Our whole family LOVES these! I use the Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for ours, but I bet homemade rolls would be WONDERFUL!

Alisa said...

Delicious! I'm really curious about the sauce. I have to try this one soon!If you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

Pam said...

Yum! They are the best sandwich! They look great and have to be delicious with those buns! I'm new here and am so glad I found you! Thanks for the recipe!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Welcome Pam! I'm glad you're enjoying the recipes!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I am going to send a link to my sister. She will love it too! I just signed up to follow your blog. I can't wait to see all the recipes you will be creating!

Prairie Story said...

My son would LOVE these!!!! ~Alison

PS I have a recipe swap on my blog that you may be interested in --> http://prairiestory.blogspot.com/

christine said...

Hello Amber! I found this blog in Foodista and followed it here. This is a lovely blog and awesome Ham and Cheese Sliders recipe. Reminds me of mom's recipe and it was superb, I bet yours is excellent too! By the way you can place more Foodista widget in your past and future blogs so that other Foodista readers can follow and see your blog too. Just search for a related recipe or food in Foodista and use its widget. I hope to read more from you. Cheers!

dining room tables said...

This looks delicious. Love the combination. It never grows old with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails