Monday, July 12, 2010

Easy Baked Crab Cakes

At my house we love anything in pancake form. I think I've stated that before. My boys especially love my go to crab cake recipe. My oldest son has eaten 3 in one sitting before! But, I'm on the lookout for a new crab cake recipe. I want something with a tad more flavor. I combined two different recipes I found on All Recipes and changed some other things to come up with what I have below. I also served it for myself with Trader Joe's Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce. When I was shopping there a couple of months ago, they were sampling their crab cakes with this sauce. I've been thinking about it ever since. Tonight was the night I popped open the jar, and it was so yummy! You only need a little bit, because the flavor is really strong, but I think it adds a great kick. These are great even without the sauce. And do you know what else is great about these? They are baked. Yes, you heard me right, I baked these babies. You could fry them in a couple of tablespoons of oil, but I decided to try and make them slightly healthy and bake them. I baked them at 350, but I think you could easily cut the time down and bake them at 400 and it would work great.


Easy Baked Crab Cakes
adapted from All Recipes


Ingredients:
3 cans crab meat, drained
2 TBSP mayonnaise
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP spicy brown mustard
3/4 tsp Old Bay seasoning
2 green onions, green part only, chopped
4 oz crushed Ritz crackers

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together, except for the crackers. Form small balls, roll in crackers, and place on greased baking sheet. (I lined mine with tin foil for easy clean up.) Smoosh slightly to make a patty. Do this until all the crab mixture is gone. I made about 13 small ones, or 9-10 medium sized ones. Bake in oven for 15 minutes and then gently flip them, and bake them on the other side for 15 minutes. You could up the oven temperature to 400 and cut the time down, but I didn't think to do that until after I realized it was going to take 30 minutes in the oven! Serve with mustard sauce if you desire, or alone.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails