Monday, April 5, 2010

Maple Brown Sugar Ham in Slow Cooker

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! We had a very fun filled weekend, full of fun times and yummy food. I was very glad that I had already planned on preparing my ham in my crock pot, because my oven went out on Saturday morning! This ham was delicious. So tender and flavorful. Everyone raved on how good it was. And the best part? It cooks in the crock pot, so it's very low maintenance. When you're fixing a big meal, anytime you can free up space in the oven is a good thing!

Maple Brown Sugar Ham in the Slow Cooker
from My Kitchen Cafe

Ingredients:
7-8 pound bone-in spiral-cut ham
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup real maple syrup
2 cups pineapple juice

Directions:
Use a 6-7 quart slow cooker. Unwrap the ham and discard flavor packet. Place the ham into the slow cooker stoneware, flat-side down. Rub brown sugar on all sides. Mix pineapple juice and maple syrup in bowl, and pour over ham. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. An hour before serving, baste ham with the collected juices from the bottom of the slow cooker. When cooking is done, remove carefully and let it rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before carving. My ham was so tender, we didn't have to carve it, it fell into perfect pieces on the platter.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Was this a pre-cooked ham?

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

I think that all hams are somewhat precooked. I bought one that was not flavored, just a plain old ham that I could add my own flavoring to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails