Monday, April 5, 2010

Ham Balls

Trying to figure out what to do with all of that left over ham? Try these! They are similar to sausage balls, but with more bread and made with ham. I usually throw a hunk of left over ham in the freezer and pull it out at a later date to make these when I'm feeling like it. Another great thing about these is that they freeze well too. Just bake them, let them cool, throw them in a Ziploc bag and freeze them. When you're ready to eat them, just pop them in the microwave and they are ready to go! My hubby likes to dip these in mustard, I like them plain. A yummy alternative to ham sandwiches as leftovers!

Ham Balls
from my grandma

Ingredients:
3 cups Bisquick Baking Mix (I always use the Heart Healthy kind)
1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked ham (I use the food processor to chop it up small)
4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 TBSP parsley flakes
2 TBSP spicy mustard, plus more if you like mustard
2/3 cup milk, plus more if needed

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease baking sheet. I use my silpat for this, it works perfectly. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Add more milk 1 TBSP at a time if mixture seems dry. Shape into 1 inch balls. I use my small cookie scoop for this, so much easier and a lot less mess. Place about 2 inches apart on pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Do not over bake! Remove from pan and serve warm.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Wow, this sounds so good but I never would have thought about it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails