Thursday, March 4, 2010

Curry Chicken and Broccoli Cheese Casserole

While at my mom's house last week, she prepared this yummy casserole. Of course I got the recipe. Her original recipe calls for one can of chicken. I used my own cooked chicken and tripled the amount of chicken. The curry in the dish isn't overpowering at all, so don't let that turn you away. I may actually double the sauce recipe next time since I increased the amount of chicken, but making it as directed below turned out really well too. Just another twist on the classic chicken casserole!
Chicken Curry and Broccoli Casserole
slightly adapted from my mommy

Ingredients:
1 1/2-2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
4 cups broccoli, frozen (chopped or florets)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 can cream of chicken soup (or click here to make your own)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp curry powder
1- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/3 cup bread crumbs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Layer broccoli in bottom of baking dish. Layer cooked chicken on top of broccoli.

In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, soup, lemon juice, and curry. Spread this evenly on top of the chicken and broccoli layers.

Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of creamy mixture, and then sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Cover with tin foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Because I was short on time, I baked mine for 30 minutes in a 425 degree oven. It turned out well, but I think the cheese would have melted better if I had done it longer in a cooler oven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderful recipe. I had something almost identical at white spot, which i loved so much i decided to search for it online. perfect match! although not the best for you, definitely a great rainy day meal. highly recommend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails