Wednesday, January 13, 2010

White Chili

Last night I decided we were having white chili made with ground turkey. You could also make this with shredded chicken if you preferred. Since it was last minute that I decided to make it, I had to go to the Dollar General in hopes they would have the beans I needed. The only white beans they had were butter beans. Have you ever had butter beans? They are HUGE! Anyway, I knew they would taste fine, so that's what I used, although I would prefer smaller ones. I also was looking at three different recipes. Two from My Kitchen Cafe and one from Pioneer Woman. I actually used ingredients from all three, and some of my own, so I guess this makes it my recipe! And I think it turned out pretty good! I may tweak some of the spices next time, maybe add more spice, but for a basic recipe this is perfect. I hope you enjoy it!


Ingredients:
1-1 1/2 lbs cooked ground turkey (or chicken)
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 onion, diced
1 can diced green chilies, undrained (you could add 2 for more of a kick)
2 cans Great Northern Beans, undrained
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry oregano flakes
1/2 tsp pepper
1 clove minced garlic (I may have used more, I don't really measure it)
1/2-1 whole jalapeno (optional) I used about 3 slices of jalapenos from a jar


Directions:
Brown meat, drain. Dump all ingredients into crock pot (or pot), stir, and cook on high for 1-2 plus hours. If you cook this on the stove, it could be done in 20 minutes I assume, but I wanted to use my crock pot, so that's what I used. I bet you could put it in on low for longer. It will just be more flavorful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails