Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Quick and Easy Granola Recipe

This granola recipe is super easy and delicious! You can add just about whatever you want to make it more to your liking. I've been adding craisins and chocolate chips. I've also tried peanut butter, which makes it more like a bar, which is great for the kids who are on the go. Travis also loves to eat it as cereal. He actually told me I didn't have to ever buy another box of cereal again! We'll see about that!



Quick and Easy Granola

Ingredients:
8 cups Quick Oats (not instant)
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tsp salt
1 cup maple syrup (Sam's has the best deal on this)
1/2 cup oil
1 tbsp vanilla

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Mix liquid ingredients and then combine with dry ingredients. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick spray and spread evenly. Bake at 350 for 15 to 30 or more minutes. (The baking time really depends on how crunchy you like your granola. I like it crunchy, so I baked it 30 minutes or so.) Cool it in pans and then put in an air tight container or Ziploc.
*I usually half this recipe and it works just fine.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails