Friday, January 22, 2010

Grandma's Pumpkin Bread

I love my grandma's pumpkin bread. When I was in college, it seemed like she would always send me back with a loaf of pumpkin bread, among other things. There are quite a few spices involved, but all are easy to find and you will be happy you did when your enjoying this bread. Another great thing about this bread, is that it freezes well. Just wrap it tightly and store it in your freezer up to 6 months. When your ready to eat it, thaw it and enjoy!

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs (beaten)
1 can pumpkin
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2/3 cup water

Directions:
Combine oil, sugar, and eggs. Add pumpkin and mix well. Sift together dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture. Add water, mix well and pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans. (Can also use mini loaf pans) Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes for large loafs. Bake mini loaves 30-45 minutes. When toothpick comes out clean when inserted, bread is done.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love your new blog, Amber! I'll be trying this recipe this week - we're trying the "clean out your pantry challenge" and I found a can of pumpkin that really wants to be made into yummy bread!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Thanks Lindsey! I hope you like the pumpkin bread recipe! I need to do one of those pantry clean out challenges...or maybe not!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails