Sunday, January 24, 2010

Amber's Alternative Pizza

I don't know about you, but I love pizza. We had our favorite pizza place in Memphis, but when we moved two years ago, I still haven't found a comparable pizza joint. So in the quest to find my perfect pizza, I recently started making my own pizzas. And I have mastered my favorite type of pizza, the alternative or white pie pizza. It's basically a pizza with no sauce. Mine actually doesn't have a lot of anything besides cheese. But this mommy loves cheese! In addition to how I make this pizza, you can add fresh cut tomatoes on top, but I'm not a big fan of can't chunks of tomatoes, so we'll stick to just cheese, please.

Amber's Alternative Pizza
from this mommy's cooks

Ingredients:
1 pizza dough crust (go here for the recipe)
3 TBSP olive oil, plus more for drizzling on the pan.
2 TBSP minced garlic
1 TBSP dried Basil
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 cups or more mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Drizzle small amount olive oil onto desired pan, I use a regular cookie sheet. Using your hands stretch dough into desired shape on a pan. Drizzle the 3 TBSP oil on dough, spread across dough. I use my new silicone baster, I love it! Sprinkle garlic, and spread evenly. Sprinkle 1/2 TBSP basil on crust, with crushed red pepper. Cover dough with mozzarella and then feta cheese. Sprinkle remaining basil on top. At this point if you want to add tomatoes, you could. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes until light brown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails