Sunday, August 2, 2009

Blue Cheese Burgers

We were planning on making burgers for dinner, and I thought we'd try something new. I googled recipes for blue cheese burgers, because I LOVE blue cheese, and found this one below. They turned out really well! I have copied and pasted the recipe below but you can click here to see the original post with pictures. I served this with homemade baked french fries (red potatoes, olive oil, S&P baked at 425 for 20-30 min) and sauteed asparagus.
Blue Cheese Burgers
from Pinch My Salt

Ingredients:
2 oz. cream cheese (I didn't have any so I used neufchatel cheese)
2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
1/8 t. onion powder
1 T. chopped fresh parsley (I used 1/4 tsp dried)
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound ground beef (I use 85% lean)
salt and pepper
Coarsely ground black pepper (optional)

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mash together cream cheese and blue cheese then stir in the onion powder and parsley. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
2. Divide ground beef into 8 equal pieces. I first divide it into four pieces then divide each piece again. Form the pieces into balls then sprinkle the balls lightly with salt and pepper, rolling them around a bit to make sure all sides are covered. Flatten each ball to form thin patties of equal size. I find it easiest to form the patties on a sheet of waxed paper.
3. To fill burgers, place a tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture in the center of each of four patties. Spread the filling out evenly to within half an inch of the edge of each patty. Place the remaining patties on top to form four filled burgers. Gently press the edges of each burger together to form a seal.
4. Sprinkle burgers liberally with coarsely ground black pepper (optional).
5. Prepare your grill and cook burgers until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees (USDA recommendation) or until desired degree of doneness. Let rest for ten minutes.
6. Enjoy!

Recipe Notes: I recommend cutting these burgers in half before eating to avoid ‘burger blowout.’ I don’t add anything besides salt and pepper to the meat because the filling is so flavorful, but you are more than welcome to add extra seasoning to the meat if that’s what you like. Feel free to experiment with different seasonings in the filling, too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails