Monday, February 2, 2009

Crab Rangoons Recipe

On Sunday I decided we were going to have appetizers for dinner since it was Super Bowl Sunday. I made these crab rangoons, mini pigs in a blanket, bruschetta and Chili's queso dip. It was so yummy! These were pretty easy to make. I found the recipe at Kraft Foods and took into consideration some of the comments by fellow chefs. I think they turned out wonderful and I served them with homemade sweet and sour sauce instead of store bought.

picture from Kraftfoods.com


Crab Rangoons
from Kraftfoods.com

Ingredients:

1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Chive and Onion Cream Cheese Spread
1 can (6 oz.) crab meat, drained, flaked
30 won ton wrappers
1-1/2 cups oil, for frying
1/3 cup KRAFT Sweet 'N Sour Sauce (I used this recipe instead from my sweet and sour chicken recipe)

Directions:
MIX cream cheese spread and crab meat; spoon evenly onto won ton wrappers, adding about 1 tsp. of the crab meat mixture to each wrapper.

MOISTEN edges of each wrapper with water*; fold in half to form triangle. Press edges together to seal. *I used a beaten egg to seal the edges.*

HEAT oil in medium skillet or wok to 360°F. Add won tons, in batches; cook 1 to 2 min. or until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Serve hot with the sweet-and-sour sauce.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails