Monday, February 2, 2009

Chilis Queso Dip Recipe

This is a very simple recipe for queso dip. I wanted to make some that was similar to the queso dip at Chili's Restaurant. This was pretty darn close!


Ingredients:
16 ounces Velveeta cheese
1 (15 ounce) can Hormel no-bean chili (I used Walmart brand.)
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Instructions:
Cut the Velveeta into cubes.
Combine the cheese with the remaining ingredients in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir frequently until cheese melts then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. *I made this early and thought it could simmer on the stove for awhile and be fine. Well it did taste fine, but it got thicker as it stayed on the stove. So I wouldn't recommend making it too far in advance. Maybe no longer than 45 min to an hour.

Serve with hot tortilla chips for dipping. (I used regular tortilla chips. I think it would have been even better with On the Border tortilla chips. They didn't have them at Walmart here. They are the closest thing to actual restaurant style chips I've found. They do have some trans fat, or at least they did a year or so ago, last time I checked.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails