Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sweet Treat Tuesday-Super Moist Chocolate Mayo Cake

This cake and icing are so delicious! My mom found this recipe in a magazine and gave it to me during the holidays. I made it as a cake for Christmas (Jesus's birthday cake) and I made it in cupcake form today for our small group. I've also made it any other time I'm craving a chocolate cake! The cake is really good, very moist, but the icing is DELICIOUS!! I could eat the icing by the spoonful, and I do! Don't be turned off by the mayo, it makes this cake so moist.
Super Moist Chocolate Mayo Cake
from my mommy
Ingredients:
Cake:
1 box chocolate cake mix (I use devil's food)
1 cup Mayo (I did not use low fat)
1 cup water
3 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon

Icing:
1 stick butter, melted
2/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cake Directions:
Preheat oven as directed on cake box. (Usually 350)
Blend all cake ingredients together and bake as directed on box.
Let cool completely before icing.

Icing Directions:
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Add milk and sugar, alternating on medium speed. (Can add more milk, I always add a little more milk) Stir in vanilla after mixing.

Icing will cover a two layer cake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails