Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Fajita Marinade

Well it has been awhile since I posted a recipe. I've been rather busy so I just haven't gotten around to posting one. This is a recipe I got out of my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook. The fajita marinade is what makes the recipe. We actually use this on steaks too! It gives them a really great flavor. Travis loves this stuff!

Fajita Marinade

Ingredients:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt ( I never use as much salt as recipes call for)
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
Mix all ingredients. Place in shallow dish or resealable plastic food storage bag (this is what I use). Add about 1-2 pounds meat. This is good for beef, chicken or pork. Make sure meat is coated well in the marinade and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but no more than 24 hours.
You can cook the meat in the marinade or discard it and just cook the meat. I usually cook it in the marinade to give it more flavor.
To make the fajitas just saute some bell peppers and onions in vegetable oil then add to the meat. Serve with tortillas and toppings. We love this marinade and hope you try it! YUM!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails